Let us meet on the mat for an enriching yoga practice and stimulating mind-body experience at your next meeting.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Winds of Change

When the winds of change in life blow some are strong enough to break our spirits or test our strength, while others remind us that we must simply go with the flow and dance with the wind. Advice that I must live by the next couple of months as I ride the rainbow following the storm to my own pot of gold.

There are times in the last month where I felt suffocated by the experiences and the breaks that have happened in my life.  And though it is not easy, I remind myself that once the mind goes into the negative thinking mode, it takes twice as long and twice as hard to think positive and simply regain the personal strength that I need to achieve my goals. I remind myself that happiness comes from within and that no thing or person can make me happy unless I was satisfied and happy with myself and my life. I remind myself that I was always one to love life and people and the dust of this storm will eventually settle.

I have had a life list for a very long time. It is handwritten in my journal and saved on my phone, so that I am constantly reminded of what I want and what I am working towards.  I have viewed every experience, good or bad, as a learning experience and those that were involved as my teachers.

The winds of change have blown my way at great strength and have somewhat knocked me down.  I feel and believe in my heart, that once the storm settles I will be in my own heaven, a place in life that I had envisioned for years now. I use meditation and creative visualization to go to the place where I want to be, so that I can really feel it, touch it, believe in it. A step closer to accomplishing my goals and taking action.

I have given myself permission to feel sad, mad, and happy and let the emotions that I was going through in the present moment take their course.  I knew and believed that my strength, perseverance and ability to love my life will return and be stronger. I am grateful to everyone (friends and family) that weathered the storm with me.

Now I am ready to refocus and conquer my dreams and have grown a foundation that will give me the ability to dance with the winds of change and overcome any other storm.

Namaste!

 Check out www.themeetingyogi.com for more information or email bana@themeetingyogi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment