Let us meet on the mat for an enriching yoga practice and stimulating mind-body experience at your next meeting.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Motivation in Life

My motivation in life stems from a need to make a difference, a desire to leave a legacy, and a hunger to stay in the present moment.  I have always had a passion for everything I do in my life.  I am often intentional about what I do.  At times, life throws a curve ball to challenge my balance, which leads to an evaluation of actions I've taken over time.  I then remind myself that what happened in the past, is just that "the past," however past actions have shaped my here and now.


I am proud of the fact that I am a passionate person. That passion drives me to do what I do and to achieve everything I set my mind to. I tend to focus all my energy on things I love, which has enabled me over the years to accomplish many dreams. Not to say that some experiences were not painful, caused me anger, or even made me question what I've become, however, I have learned to overcome those feelings, often generated by fear, by being grateful for every experience that I've had.  I remind myself that I am an able being that has the support of family, friends and teachers that have influenced and mentored me over the years. (Teachers in this context refers to anyone who has taught me a lesson over the years, those teachable moments that can occur at work, home, in a relationship, or in any interpersonal communication interaction).


I am currently pursuing a Virginia Real Estate license, which is very exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. It is an exciting venture because I know that I will be helping people find their home, which is a rewarding experience.  It is also a nerve wrecking experience because it is a brand new industry, one that I am unfamiliar with, but I recognize that there are teachers helping me accomplish my goal.  I then remind myself that what happened in the past, is just that "the past," however past actions have shaped my here and now.


Let's meet on the mat at your next meeting or event. Check out www.themeetingyogi.com for more information or email bana@themeetingyogi.com.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment