Let us meet on the mat for an enriching yoga practice and stimulating mind-body experience at your next meeting.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Where does the time go?

There are days when I feel that the clock has stopped; however in the blink of an eye I am starting a new day. Where does the time go?  Our energies are typically focused on what will happen in the future, that we miss is what is happening in our lives right now.  This past year has been filled with new beginnings and great adventures.  I started a new chapter, overcame some fears, realized my strength, and fell in love.  Lots of emotions, long nights, and support from family and friends.  A year has gone by in the blink of an eye, and the only memories I recall are the happy ones and I look at the challenges as stepping stones and enriching experiences.  However, I have determined that I thrive on challenging my time on this earth to accomplish tasks and goals and take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to me,  whether they are related to my work, business or loved ones.  I create to do lists to complete existing to do lists, who does that?  I also add items that I accomplish that were not on the original list and check them off for satisfaction.  As I remind myself of my life goal list everyday, I am also thankful for my life.


Triangle Pose at the Great Pyramids, Egypt
We are living in a society that has taken information access to a new level.  Addicted to having anything we want at the stroke of our fingers and the size of our bandwidth or network.  Call me traditional but I do believe that takes away from our time to reflect on our day, to do something for ourselves, or to enjoy our loved ones.  I have been caught doing emails while jogging on a treadmill, well if you know anything about exercise, your mind has to be clear of all thoughts and focused on isolating the muscles that are giving your body energy to run. We must remind ourselves that once that time has passed it is in the past.  After all, there are no guarantees in life, but the one thing that is guaranteed is the present moment and the choices we are making in this very moment.  So, stop reading and go do something for yourself, your loved ones or your community.

Let's meet on the mat at your next meeting or event. Check out www.themeetingyogi.com for more information or email bana@themeetingyogi.com.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment