Let us meet on the mat for an enriching yoga practice and stimulating mind-body experience at your next meeting.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

When it rains it pours or does it?

We've all heard the saying "when it rains it pours," but does it really? I have lived with that very phrase for the last week, only to realize that my life is full of surprises and events that I may or may not like, and are typically a result of the choices I make. I could live my life believing the cliche, or I can turn every new challenge into an opportunity.

In the last week...
I lost a friendship that meant a lot to me;
I came to the realization that I do need to respect my years of service and experience on the job and acknowledge my self worth in terms of my career in order to advance and reach my goals;
Finally, that my lease was up and I have 5 weeks to find a place I can call home.

My initial reactions to my recent speed bumps were expected, due to a lifetime of affirming the phrase "when it rains it pours." instead of focusing on the positive, I found myself challenging the universe by thinking negative thoughts and affirming another cliche, "what else can go wrong." However, by using it as an affirmation, I blocked my ability to think positive, to actually seek the opportunities that the new changes bring. For example, instead of focusing on the pain of moving again, I made the decision to purchase my next space, and find a place I call home. My mood instantly changed from whining and worry to excitement and nervousness. I knew moving into my current apartment that it was a temporary living situation, I set the intention from day one, therefore, I was able to easily shift my mindset.

The one thing that I constantly remind myself of, is that I am grateful for the present moment, for the people in my life, and for the freedom to live and make choices. Thank you for reading this personal post.

Let's meet on the mat at your next meeting or event. Check out www.themeetingyogi.com for more information or email bana@themeetingyogi.com.

Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, but it's easy to think of that phrase when everyone surrounding us knows it. Great blog, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete