Let us meet on the mat for an enriching yoga practice and stimulating mind-body experience at your next meeting.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Little Rest and Relaxation

It is difficult for most of us to walk away from the positions we hold in this life to find a little time for rest and relaxation (R&R). After being on vacation for a week, teaching yoga everyday in Mexico, I realized that I have neglected the importance of a little R&R.  I am back after a week of rest and relaxation to write this blog that will hopefully motivate you to take time for you.  


My original plan was to work through my vacation, as I juggle three ventures, two of which are brand new.  My passion for my job at Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) will always drive me to give 110%.  The thought of influencing youth across the country keeps me going.  My excitement to succeed at building The Meeting Yogi is providing me with the strength and motivation that I need to create that enriching experience for meeting and conference attendees across the country and the world.  My latest adventure is real estate and obtaining my VA Real Estate License and my marketing experience, has forded me the opportunity to join a successful broker, Keller Williams in Old Town Alexandria.  The idea of helping people make one of the most important decisions in their lives will bring me great satisfaction.


As I looked out into the ocean during my vacation, I found myself day dreaming about all three of my ventures, so much so that I was able to create mental notes and come up with great plans and ideas for all three.  I had no access to email and limited access to phone, I merely brainstormed and allowed myself to make small mental notes and be creative. I still focused on the beautiful natural environment and on staying in the present moment.  After all, I was challenging myself to have a fun and a little R&R.  Recharging my battery for what appears to be a busy summer full of new adventures.



Let's meet on the mat at your next meeting or event. Check out www.themeetingyogi.com for more information or email bana@themeetingyogi.com.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment